Terms Used In Texas Human Resources Code 102.001
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- Partnership: A voluntary contract between two or more persons to pool some or all of their assets into a business, with the agreement that there will be a proportional sharing of profits and losses.
In this chapter:
(1) “Convalescent and nursing home” means an institution licensed by the Department of Aging and Disability Services under Chapter 242, Health and Safety Code.
(2) “Home health services” means the provision of health service for pay or other consideration in a patient’s residence regulated under Chapter 142, Health and Safety Code.
(3) “Alternate care” means services provided within an elderly individual’s own home, neighborhood, or community, including:
(A) day care;
(B) foster care;
(C) alternative living plans, including personal care services; and
(D) supportive living services, including attendant care, residential repair, or emergency response services.
(4) “Person providing services” means an individual, corporation, association, partnership, or other private or public entity providing convalescent and nursing home services, home health services, or alternate care services.
(5) “Elderly individual” means an individual 60 years of age or older.