(a) A property owners’ association shall record in each county in which any portion of the development governed by the association is located a management certificate, signed and acknowledged by an officer of the association, stating:
(1) the name of the development;
(2) the name of the association;
(3) the recording data for the declaration and all supplementary declarations;
(4) the applicability of any supplementary declarations to residential communities;
(5) the name and mailing address of the association; and
(6) other information the association considers appropriate.
(b) A property owners’ association shall record an amended management certificate not later than the 30th day after the date the association has notice of a change in information in the recorded certificate required by Subsection (a).
Terms Used In Texas Property Code 215.013
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- Person: includes corporation, organization, government or governmental subdivision or agency, business trust, estate, trust, partnership, association, and any other legal entity. See Texas Government Code 311.005
- Property: means real and personal property. See Texas Government Code 311.005
- Signed: includes any symbol executed or adopted by a person with present intention to authenticate a writing. See Texas Government Code 311.005
(c) The association and its officers, directors, employees, and agents are not liable to any person or corporation for delay in recording or failure to record a management certificate unless the delay or failure is willful or caused by gross negligence.