|§ 211.002||Applicability of Chapter|
|§ 211.003||Findings and Purpose|
|§ 211.004||Creation or Modification of Procedure to Amend Restrictions|
|§ 211.005||Effect of Adopting Amendment Procedure|
Terms Used In Texas Property Code Chapter 211
- Amendment: A proposal to alter the text of a pending bill or other measure by striking out some of it, by inserting new language, or both. Before an amendment becomes part of the measure, thelegislature must agree to it.
- Deed: The legal instrument used to transfer title in real property from one person to another.
- Guardian: A person legally empowered and charged with the duty of taking care of and managing the property of another person who because of age, intellect, or health, is incapable of managing his (her) own affairs.
- Jurisdiction: (1) The legal authority of a court to hear and decide a case. Concurrent jurisdiction exists when two courts have simultaneous responsibility for the same case. (2) The geographic area over which the court has authority to decide cases.
- Month: means a calendar month. See Texas Government Code 312.011
- Population: means the population shown by the most recent federal decennial census. See Texas Government Code 311.005
- Presiding officer: A majority-party Senator who presides over the Senate and is charged with maintaining order and decorum, recognizing Members to speak, and interpreting the Senate's rules, practices and precedents.
- Signature: includes the mark of a person unable to write, and "subscribe" includes the making of such a mark. See Texas Government Code 312.011
- Signed: includes any symbol executed or adopted by a person with present intention to authenticate a writing. See Texas Government Code 311.005
- United States: includes a department, bureau, or other agency of the United States of America. See Texas Government Code 311.005
- Ward: means a person for whom a guardian has been appointed. See Texas Estates Code 22.033
- Year: means 12 consecutive months. See Texas Government Code 311.005