Terms Used In Texas Special District Local Laws Code 11001.011
- Contract: A legal written agreement that becomes binding when signed.
The district may:
(1) select professional and consultant personnel for engineering, legal, and other necessary support services;
(2) select and approve work contractors and subcontractors;
(3) supervise road and drainage work in the district;
(4) contract to carry out the improvements provided by the master plan, including contracting with a professional or contractor;
(5) supervise the cost-effective use of district money allocated for permanent improvements; and
(6) approve expenditures for necessary maintenance.