Terms Used In Texas Special District Local Laws Code 11001.012
- Jurisdiction: (1) The legal authority of a court to hear and decide a case. Concurrent jurisdiction exists when two courts have simultaneous responsibility for the same case. (2) The geographic area over which the court has authority to decide cases.
- Year: means 12 consecutive months. See Texas Government Code 311.005
The district annually shall present a report concerning road district activities to each state representative and each state senator who represents the area in the district’s jurisdiction. The report must include:
(1) information regarding the progress of work during the preceding year;
(2) the amount of money spent during the preceding year;
(3) any revisions to the master plan; and
(4) a complete financial statement that lists all funds of the district and fund balances, expenditures, and interest earnings.