Terms Used In Texas Utilities Code 41.002
- Assets: (1) The property comprising the estate of a deceased person, or (2) the property in a trust account.
- Contract: A legal written agreement that becomes binding when signed.
- Rule: includes regulation. See Texas Government Code 311.005
In this chapter:
(1) “Board of directors” means the board of directors of an electric cooperative as described in Section 161.071.
(2) “Rate” includes any compensation, tariff, charge, fare, toll, rental, or classification that is directly or indirectly demanded, observed, charged, or collected by an electric cooperative for any service, product, or commodity and any rule, practice, or contract affecting the compensation, tariff, charge, fare, toll, rental, or classification.
(3) “Stranded investment” means:
(A) the excess, if any, of the net book value of generation assets over the market value of the generation assets; and
(B) any above market purchased power costs.