|Part 1||General Provisions||11-45-101 – 11-45-102|
|Part 2||Energy Efficiency Fund||11-45-201 – 11-45-205|
Terms Used In Utah Code > Title 11 > Chapter 45
- Administrator: means the motor vehicle enforcement administrator. See Utah Code 41-3-102
- Appeal: A request made after a trial, asking another court (usually the court of appeals) to decide whether the trial was conducted properly. To make such a request is "to appeal" or "to take an appeal." One who appeals is called the appellant.
- City: includes , depending on population, a metro township as defined in Section 10-3c-102. See Utah Code 68-3-12.5
- Commission: means the State Tax Commission. See Utah Code 41-3-102
- Contract: A legal written agreement that becomes binding when signed.
- Crusher: means a person who crushes or shreds motor vehicles subject to registration under Title 41, Chapter 1a, Motor Vehicle Act, to reduce the useable materials and metals to a more compact size for recycling. See Utah Code 41-3-102
- Dealer: includes a representative or consignee of any dealer. See Utah Code 41-3-102
- Deed: The legal instrument used to transfer title in real property from one person to another.
- Dependent: A person dependent for support upon another.
- Dismantler: includes a person who dismantles three or more motor vehicles in any 12-month period. See Utah Code 41-3-102
- Distributor: means a person who has a franchise from a manufacturer of motor vehicles to distribute motor vehicles within this state and who in whole or in part sells or distributes new motor vehicles to dealers or who maintains distributor representatives. See Utah Code 41-3-102
- Division: means the Motor Vehicle Enforcement Division created in Section 41-3-104. See Utah Code 41-3-102
- Factory branch: means a branch office maintained by a person who manufactures or assembles motor vehicles for sale to distributors, motor vehicle dealers, or who directs or supervises the factory branch's representatives. See Utah Code 41-3-102
- Felony: A crime carrying a penalty of more than a year in prison.
- Forbearance: A means of handling a delinquent loan. A
- Fraud: Intentional deception resulting in injury to another.
- Highway: includes :Utah Code 68-3-12.5
- Interest rate: The amount paid by a borrower to a lender in exchange for the use of the lender's money for a certain period of time. Interest is paid on loans or on debt instruments, such as notes or bonds, either at regular intervals or as part of a lump sum payment when the issue matures. Source: OCC
- Jurisdiction: (1) The legal authority of a court to hear and decide a case. Concurrent jurisdiction exists when two courts have simultaneous responsibility for the same case. (2) The geographic area over which the court has authority to decide cases.
- Land: includes :Utah Code 68-3-12.5
- Manufacturer: means a person engaged in the business of constructing or assembling new motor vehicles, ownership of which is customarily transferred by a manufacturer's statement or certificate of origin, or a person who constructs three or more new motor vehicles in any 12-month period. See Utah Code 41-3-102
- Motor vehicle: means a vehicle that is:
(i) self-propelled; (ii) a trailer, travel trailer, or semitrailer; or (iii) an off-highway vehicle or small trailer. See Utah Code 41-3-102
- Motorcycle: means the same as that term is defined in Section 41-1a-102. See Utah Code 41-3-102 v2
- Municipal: means of or relating to a municipality. See Utah Code 10-1-104
- Municipality: means :
(a) a city of the first class, city of the second class, city of the third class, city of the fourth class, city of the fifth class; (b) a town, as classified in Section 10-2-301; or (c) a metro township as that term is defined in Section 10-2a-403 unless the term is used in the context of authorizing, governing, or otherwise regulating the provision of municipal services. See Utah Code 10-1-104
- Off-highway vehicle: means the same as that term is defined in Section 41-22-2. See Utah Code 41-3-102 v2
- Partnership: A voluntary contract between two or more persons to pool some or all of their assets into a business, with the agreement that there will be a proportional sharing of profits and losses.
- Person: means an individual, corporation, partnership, organization, association, trust, governmental agency, or any other legal entity. See Utah Code 10-1-104
- Person: means :Utah Code 68-3-12.5
- Process: means a writ or summons issued in the course of a judicial proceeding. See Utah Code 68-3-12.5
- Property: includes both real and personal property. See Utah Code 68-3-12.5
- Remanufacturer: means a person who reconstructs used motor vehicles subject to registration under Title 41, Chapter 1a, Motor Vehicle Act, to change the body style and appearance of the motor vehicle or who constructs or assembles motor vehicles from used or new and used motor vehicle parts, or who reconstructs, constructs, or assembles three or more motor vehicles in any 12-month period. See Utah Code 41-3-102
- Salesperson: means an individual who for a salary, commission, or compensation of any kind, is employed either directly, indirectly, regularly, or occasionally by any new motor vehicle dealer or used motor vehicle dealer to sell, purchase, or exchange or to negotiate for the sale, purchase, or exchange of motor vehicles. See Utah Code 41-3-102
- Small trailer: means a trailer that has an unladen weight of more than 750 pounds, but less than 2,000 pounds. See Utah Code 41-3-102
- State: when applied to the different parts of the United States, includes a state, district, or territory of the United States. See Utah Code 68-3-12.5
- Statute: A law passed by a legislature.
- Town: includes , depending on population, a metro township as defined in Section 10-3c-102. See Utah Code 68-3-12.5
- Trailer: means the same as that term is defined in Section 41-1a-102. See Utah Code 41-3-102 v2
- Transporter: means a person engaged in the business of transporting motor vehicles as described in Section 41-3-202. See Utah Code 41-3-102