Terms Used In Utah Code > Title 76 > Chapter 8 > Part 7
- Conviction: A judgement of guilt against a criminal defendant.
- Misdemeanor: Usually a petty offense, a less serious crime than a felony, punishable by less than a year of confinement.
- Person: means :Utah Code 48-2e-1156
- Process: means a writ or summons issued in the course of a judicial proceeding. See Utah Code 48-2e-1156
- Property: includes both real and personal property. See Utah Code 48-2e-1156
- State: when applied to the different parts of the United States, includes a state, district, or territory of the United States. See Utah Code 48-2e-1156
- United States: includes each state, district, and territory of the United States of America. See Utah Code 48-2e-1156