Terms Used In Vermont Statutes Title 9 Sec. 2480o
- Person: shall include any natural person, corporation, municipality, the State of Vermont or any department, agency, or subdivision of the State, and any partnership, unincorporated association, or other legal entity. See
- services: shall include any objects, wares, goods, commodities, work, labor, intangibles, courses of instruction or training, securities, bonds, debentures, stocks, real estate, or other property or services of any kind. See
- Settlement: Parties to a lawsuit resolve their difference without having a trial. Settlements often involve the payment of compensation by one party in satisfaction of the other party's claims.
§ 2480o. Definitions
As used in this subchapter:
(1) "Electronic payment system" means an entity that directly or through licensed members, processors, or agents provides the proprietary services, infrastructure, and software that route information and data to facilitate transaction authorization, clearance, and settlement, and that merchants are required to access in order to accept a specific brand of general-purpose credit cards, charge cards, debit cards, or stored-value cards as payment for goods and services.
(2) "Merchant" means a person or entity that, in Vermont:
(A)(i) does business; or
(ii) offers goods or services for sale; and
(B) has a physical presence. (Added 2009, No. 116 (Adj. Sess.), § 2, eff. Jan. 1, 2011.)