Terms Used In West Virginia Code > Chapter 15 > Article 3D - Missing Persons Act
- Complaint: A written statement by the plaintiff stating the wrongs allegedly committed by the defendant.
- Dependent: A person dependent for support upon another.
- Discovery: Lawyers' examination, before trial, of facts and documents in possession of the opponents to help the lawyers prepare for trial.
- laws of the state: includes the Constitution of West Virginia and the Constitution of the United States, and treaties and laws made in pursuance thereof. See West Virginia Code 2-2-10
- Prosecute: To charge someone with a crime. A prosecutor tries a criminal case on behalf of the government.