|46A-2A-102||Notice of breach of security of computerized personal information|
|46A-2A-103||Procedures deemed in compliance with security breach notice requirements|
Terms Used In West Virginia Code > Chapter 46A > Article 2A
- Defendant: In a civil suit, the person complained against; in a criminal case, the person accused of the crime.
- Discovery: Lawyers' examination, before trial, of facts and documents in possession of the opponents to help the lawyers prepare for trial.
- Encrypted: means transformation of data through the use of an algorithmic process to into a form in which there is a low probability of assigning meaning without use of a confidential process or key or securing the information by another method that renders the data elements unreadable or unusable. See West Virginia Code 46A-2A-101
- Entity: includes corporations, business trusts, estates, partnerships, limited partnerships, limited liability partnerships, limited liability companies, associations, organizations, joint ventures, governments, governmental subdivisions, agencies or instrumentalities, or any other legal entity, whether for profit or not for profit. See West Virginia Code 46A-2A-101
- Financial institution: has the meaning given that term in Section 6809(3), United States Code Title 15, as amended. See West Virginia Code 46A-2A-101
- Fraud: Intentional deception resulting in injury to another.
- Fraud Alert: A key provision of the Fair and Accurate Credit Transactions Act of 2003 is the consumer's ability to place a fraud alert on their credit record. A consumer would use this option if they believe they were a victim of identity theft. Source: OCC
- Individual: means a natural person. See West Virginia Code 46A-2A-101
- Notice: means :
(A) Written notice to the postal address in the records of the individual or entity. See West Virginia Code 46A-2A-101
- Personal information: means the first name or first initial and last name linked to any one or more of the following data elements that relate to a resident of this state, when the data elements are neither encrypted nor redacted:
(A) Social security number. See West Virginia Code 46A-2A-101
- state: when applied to a part of the United States and not restricted by the context, includes the District of Columbia and the several territories, and the words "United States" also include the said district and territories. See West Virginia Code 2-2-10