Terms Used In Wisconsin Statutes 118.03
- Person: includes all partnerships, associations and bodies politic or corporate. See Wisconsin Statutes 990.01
- settlement: Parties to a lawsuit resolve their difference without having a trial. Settlements often involve the payment of compensation by one party in satisfaction of the other party's claims.
(1) The school board shall adopt all the textbooks necessary for use in the schools under its charge. The list of the adopted books shall be filed with the school district clerk.
(2) The school board may purchase textbooks and sell them to the pupils at cost or it may designate agents of the school district to sell the textbooks to the pupils. The agents, at stated times, shall make settlement with the school district for books sold. The agents may add a selling commission which shall not exceed 10 percent of the net price.
(3) No dealer in textbooks may sell any books at a price to exceed 15 percent above the net list prices, transportation added thereto.
(4) Any person violating this section may be fined not less than $25 nor more than $100.