Terms Used In Wisconsin Statutes 118.175
- assets: (1) The property comprising the estate of a deceased person, or (2) the property in a trust account.
- guardian: A person legally empowered and charged with the duty of taking care of and managing the property of another person who because of age, intellect, or health, is incapable of managing his (her) own affairs.
- Population: means that shown by the most recent regular or special federal census. See Wisconsin Statutes 990.01
(1) This section does not apply to a pupil who has a legal custodian, as defined in s. 48.02 (11) or 938.02 (11), or who is cared for by a kinship care relative, as defined in s. 48.57 (3m) (a) 2.
(2) If a pupil is a child who is without a parent or guardian, any school teacher, school assets of the estate, pay debts, and distribute residue to those entitled to it.”>administrator, school counselor or school social worker who knows that the child is without a parent or guardian shall report that fact as soon as possible to the county department under s. 46.22 or 46.23 or, in a county having a population of 500,000 or more, to the department of health services.