Terms Used In Wisconsin Statutes 118.195
- Person: includes all partnerships, associations and bodies politic or corporate. See Wisconsin Statutes 990.01
- Qualified: when applied to any person elected or appointed to office, means that such person has done those things which the person was by law required to do before entering upon the duties of the person's office. See Wisconsin Statutes 990.01
- State: when applied to states of the United States, includes the District of Columbia, the commonwealth of Puerto Rico and the several territories organized by Congress. See Wisconsin Statutes 990.01
(1) No person otherwise qualified may be denied a certificate or license from the state superintendent under s. 118.19 (1) because the person is totally or partially blind, deaf or physically handicapped nor may any school district refuse to employ a teacher on such grounds, if such handicapped teacher is able to carry out the duties of the position which the person seeks.
(2) Any school board may request the state superintendent for advice and assistance in interpreting this section.