Terms Used In Wisconsin Statutes 42.05
- Person: includes all partnerships, associations and bodies politic or corporate. See Wisconsin Statutes 990.01
- State: when applied to states of the United States, includes the District of Columbia, the commonwealth of Puerto Rico and the several territories organized by Congress. See Wisconsin Statutes 990.01
(1) Except during the annual state fair and at other times between 8 a.m. and 10 p.m., every motor vehicle, as defined in s. 287.15 (1) (e), that is used at state fair park in racing competition or practice shall be equipped with a muffler which, at all times, shall be in good working condition sufficient to prevent excessive or unusual noise.
(2) It is unlawful to operate, or for the state fair park board to permit to be operated, at state fair park in racing competition or practice except during the period specified in sub. (1), any motor vehicle, as defined in s. 287.15 (1) (e), with the muffler or cutout open.
(3) Any person violating this section may be fined not more than $200 or imprisoned for not more than 6 months or both.