Animal fighting; classification
A. A person commits animal fighting by knowingly:
1. Owning, possessing, keeping or training any animal if the person knows or has reason to know that the animal will engage in an exhibition of fighting with another animal.
2. For amusement or gain, causing any animal to fight with another animal, or causing any animals to injure each other.
3. Permitting any act in violation of paragraph 1 or 2 to be done on any premises under the person's charge or control.
B. This section does not:
1. Prohibit or restrict activities permitted by or pursuant to title 3.
2. Apply to animals that are trained to protect livestock from predation and that engage in actions to protect livestock.
C. Animal fighting is a class 5 felony.
LawServer is for purposes of information only and is no substitute for legal advice.
© 2013 LawServer Online, Inc. All rights reserved