Missouri Laws > Title XII > Chapter 190 > § 190.053 - Educational training required for board of directors
Current as of: 2009
190.053. 1. All members of the board of directors of an ambulance district first elected on or after January 1, 2008, shall attend and complete an educational seminar or conference or other suitable training on the role and duties of a board member of an ambulance district. The training required under this section shall be offered by a statewide association organized for the benefit of ambulance districts or be approved by the state advisory council on emergency medical services. Such training shall include, at a minimum:
(1) Information relating to the roles and duties of an ambulance district director;
(2) A review of all state statutes and regulations relevant to ambulance districts;
(3) State ethics laws;
(4) State sunshine laws, chapter 610, RSMo;
(5) Financial and fiduciary responsibility;
(6) State laws relating to the setting of tax rates; and
(7) State laws relating to revenue limitations.
2. If any ambulance district board member fails to attend a training session within twelve months after taking office, the board member shall not be compensated for attendance at meetings thereafter until the board member has completed such training session.
(L. 2007 S.B. 22) Prev | Next
Questions & Answers: Disasters and EmergenciesSee also: