Any law enforcement agency in this state in which a complaint of a missing person has been filed shall prepare and send a report to ACMEC immediately on any missing person or unidentified deceased person. That report shall include, but is not limited to, the following:
Terms Used In Alabama Code 26-19-5
- Complaint: A written statement by the plaintiff stating the wrongs allegedly committed by the defendant.
- Evidence: Information presented in testimony or in documents that is used to persuade the fact finder (judge or jury) to decide the case for one side or the other.
- following: means next after. See Alabama Code 1-1-1
- person: includes a corporation as well as a natural person. See Alabama Code 1-1-1
- state: when applied to the different parts of the United States, includes the District of Columbia and the several territories of the United States. See Alabama Code 1-1-1
(1) All information contained in the complaint on a missing person.
(2) All information or evidence gathered by a preliminary investigation, if one was made.
(3) A statement, by the law enforcement officer in charge, setting forth that officer’s assessment of the case based upon all evidence and information received.
(4) An explanation of the next steps to be taken by the law enforcement agency filing the report.