The following terms shall have the meanings ascribed to them unless the context clearly indicates otherwise:
Terms Used In Alabama Code 5-23-1
(1) TREASURER. The State Treasurer of Alabama.
(2) FINANCIAL INSTITUTION. Any bank, savings and loans association or credit union operating in Alabama which is chartered under federal or state statutes.
(3) FINANCIAL INSTITUTION CREDIT CARD. A credit card that entitles the holder to make open-account purchases up to an approved amount and which is issued through a financial institution.
(4) SPONSORING ENTITY. An entity, including specifically the State of Alabama, which solicits the use of a particular financial institution credit card bearing the entity’s name in exchange for a fee from the credit card issuer.
(5) STATE FEES. All moneys generated from this program that are remitted to the State of Alabama.