Terms Used In Alabama Code > Title 5 > Chapter 23 - State Sponsorship of Financial Institution Credit Card
- court: Unless some other court is specifically designated, such term shall be construed to mean court of probate. See Alabama Code 9-9-2
- Defendant: In a civil suit, the person complained against; in a criminal case, the person accused of the crime.
- district: Water management district. See Alabama Code 9-9-2
- NOTICE BY PUBLICATION: Unless otherwise specified, such notice shall consist of publication once in each of three consecutive weeks (three insertions) in some newspaper having general circulation in the county or counties wherein the land in the water management district is located, the last insertion to be made at least 15 days prior to the date fixed for the hearing of said notice, and it shall not be necessary that the publication shall be made on the same day in each of the three weeks, but not less than 14 days, excluding the day of the first publication, shall intervene between the first publication and the last publication. See Alabama Code 9-9-2
- person: Any individual, partnership, stock company or corporation. See Alabama Code 9-9-2
- Plaintiff: The person who files the complaint in a civil lawsuit.
- viewers: The board of viewers. See Alabama Code 9-9-2