|Article 1||General Provisions||44-7801 – 44-7806|
Terms Used In Arizona Laws > Title 44 > Chapter 35
- Action: includes any matter or proceeding in a court, civil or criminal. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- Adult: means a person who has attained eighteen years of age. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- Annuity: A periodic (usually annual) payment of a fixed sum of money for either the life of the recipient or for a fixed number of years. A series of payments under a contract from an insurance company, a trust company, or an individual. Annuity payments are made at regular intervals over a period of more than one full year.
- Arrest: Taking physical custody of a person by lawful authority.
- Authorized user: means any person other than a cardholder who has actual, implied or apparent authority to use a cardholder's credit card or credit card account. See Arizona Laws 44-7801
- Cardholder: means the named person who applies for or accepts the credit card account. See Arizona Laws 44-7801
- Charges: means purchases, cash advances, annual membership fees, delinquent payment fees, insufficient fund fees, over limit fees or other amounts incurred through use of the credit card. See Arizona Laws 44-7801
- Contract: A legal written agreement that becomes binding when signed.
- Conviction: A judgement of guilt against a criminal defendant.
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- Credit card: means any card, plate or other single credit device that may be used from time to time to obtain credit and shall include a charge card, courtesy card, identification card or account number that may be used to access a line of credit to purchase goods or services. See Arizona Laws 44-7801
- Credit card account: means a line of credit offered by an issuer to a cardholder that is accessible by the use of a credit card. See Arizona Laws 44-7801
- Credit card agreement: means the terms and conditions governing the use of the credit card account. See Arizona Laws 44-7801
- Creditor: means the person, business, financial institution or commercial enterprise that owns the credit card account. See Arizona Laws 44-7801
- Evidence: Information presented in testimony or in documents that is used to persuade the fact finder (judge or jury) to decide the case for one side or the other.
- Financial institution: means any of the following:
(a) A banking institution that is authorized to issue credit cards pursuant to federal or state law. See Arizona Laws 44-7801
- Fiscal year: The fiscal year is the accounting period for the government. For the federal government, this begins on October 1 and ends on September 30. The fiscal year is designated by the calendar year in which it ends; for example, fiscal year 2006 begins on October 1, 2005 and ends on September 30, 2006.
- Guardian: A person legally empowered and charged with the duty of taking care of and managing the property of another person who because of age, intellect, or health, is incapable of managing his (her) own affairs.
- including: means not limited to and is not a term of exclusion. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- Interest rate: The amount paid by a borrower to a lender in exchange for the use of the lender's money for a certain period of time. Interest is paid on loans or on debt instruments, such as notes or bonds, either at regular intervals or as part of a lump sum payment when the issue matures. Source: OCC
- Issuer: means a financial institution or an authorized agent of a financial institution that issues a credit card. See Arizona Laws 44-7801
- Lease: A contract transferring the use of property or occupancy of land, space, structures, or equipment in consideration of a payment (e.g., rent). Source: OCC
- Litigation: A case, controversy, or lawsuit. Participants (plaintiffs and defendants) in lawsuits are called litigants.
- Minor: means a person under the age of eighteen years. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- Person: includes a corporation, company, partnership, firm, association or society, as well as a natural person. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- Person: means an individual, corporation, partnership, association, joint stock company or trust, limited liability company, government or governmental subdivision or agency or any other unincorporated organization. See Arizona Laws 44-1801
- Personal property: includes money, goods, chattels, things in action and evidences of debt. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- Personal property: All property that is not real property.
- Petty offense: A federal misdemeanor punishable by six months or less in prison. Source: U.S. Courts
- Property: includes both real and personal property. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- Real property: Land, and all immovable fixtures erected on, growing on, or affixed to the land.
- Remainder: An interest in property that takes effect in the future at a specified time or after the occurrence of some event, such as the death of a life tenant.
- United States: includes the District of Columbia and the territories. See Arizona Laws 1-215