Terms Used In Alabama Code > Title 30 > Chapter 3 > Article 8
- court: A court of competent jurisdiction or administrative agency having the authority to issue and enforce support orders. See Alabama Code 30-3-170
- department: The Alabama Department of Human Resources, including the county departments of human resources. See Alabama Code 30-3-170
- license: Any license, certificate, registration, or authorization issued by a licensing authority which grants a person a right or privilege to engage in an occupational, professional, sporting, or recreational activity, or to operate a motor vehicle. See Alabama Code 30-3-170
- licensee: The holder of a license. See Alabama Code 30-3-170
- LICENSING AUTHORITY: Any department, division, board, agency, or instrumentality of the State of Alabama or its political subdivisions that issues a license. See Alabama Code 30-3-170
- Obligation: An order placed, contract awarded, service received, or similar transaction during a given period that will require payments during the same or a future period.
- obligee: Either of the following:
a. See Alabama Code 30-3-170
- obligor: A person ordered by a court to make periodic payments for the benefit and support of another person or child. See Alabama Code 30-3-170
- person: includes a corporation as well as a natural person. See Alabama Code 1-1-1
- Subpoena: A command to a witness to appear and give testimony.
- United States: includes the territories thereof and the District of Columbia. See Alabama Code 1-1-1