(a) Notwithstanding other provisions in this title, a municipality may adopt an ordinance providing for the impoundment or forfeiture of a
Terms Used In Alaska Statutes 28.01.015 - Municipal impoundment and forfeiture
- municipality: means a political subdivision incorporated under the laws of the state that is a home rule or general law city, a home rule or general law borough, or a unified municipality. See Alaska Statutes 01.10.060
- person: includes a corporation, company, partnership, firm, association, organization, business trust, or society, as well as a natural person. See Alaska Statutes 01.10.060
(2) motor vehicle involved in the commission of an offense under AS 28.15.291 or an ordinance with elements similar to AS 28.15.291 ;
(3) motor vehicle used by a person whose license is suspended under AS 28.22.041 ;
(4) motor vehicle used by a person who fails to carry proof of insurance as required under AS 28.22.019 ; or
(5) motor vehicle used by a person who has $1,000 or more in delinquent traffic fines for moving violations committed within the municipality.
(b) An ordinance adopted under (a) of this section may
(1) include a fee for the administrative costs incurred by the municipality; and
(2) be more stringent than or the same as but may not be less stringent than applicable provisions under this title or regulations adopted under this title.