|§ 371||Jurisdiction and Procedure|
|§ 374||Traffic Prosecutor Selection and Oversight|
|§ 374-A||Traffic Prosecutor Selection and Oversight|
|§ 374-B||Traffic Prosecutor Selection and Oversight|
Terms Used In New York Laws > General Municipal > Article 14-B
- Arrest: Taking physical custody of a person by lawful authority.
- Conviction: A judgement of guilt against a criminal defendant.
- Ex officio: Literally, by virtue of one's office.
- Oversight: Committee review of the activities of a Federal agency or program.
- Plea: In a criminal case, the defendant's statement pleading "guilty" or "not guilty" in answer to the charges, a declaration made in open court.
- Power of attorney: A written instrument which authorizes one person to act as another's agent or attorney. The power of attorney may be for a definite, specific act, or it may be general in nature. The terms of the written power of attorney may specify when it will expire. If not, the power of attorney usually expires when the person granting it dies. Source: OCC
- Summons: Another word for subpoena used by the criminal justice system.