|Chapter 601||Municipal Authority Relating to Parking||601.001 – 601.044|
Terms Used In Texas Local Government Code > Title 14 > Subtitle A - Municipal Parking Provisions
- Appropriation: The provision of funds, through an annual appropriations act or a permanent law, for federal agencies to make payments out of the Treasury for specified purposes. The formal federal spending process consists of two sequential steps: authorization
- Assets: (1) The property comprising the estate of a deceased person, or (2) the property in a trust account.
- Bequest: Property gifted by will.
- Damages: Money paid by defendants to successful plaintiffs in civil cases to compensate the plaintiffs for their injuries.
- Deed: The legal instrument used to transfer title in real property from one person to another.
- Department: means the Department of Agriculture. See Texas Agriculture Code 1.003
- Devise: To gift property by will.
- Fiduciary: A trustee, executor, or administrator.
- Gift: A voluntary transfer or conveyance of property without consideration, or for less than full and adequate consideration based on fair market value.
- Mortgage: The written agreement pledging property to a creditor as collateral for a loan.
- Municipality: means a general-law municipality, home-rule municipality, or special-law municipality. See Texas Local Government Code 1.005
- Personal property: All property that is not real property.
- Presiding officer: A majority-party Senator who presides over the Senate and is charged with maintaining order and decorum, recognizing Members to speak, and interpreting the Senate's rules, practices and precedents.
- Statute: A law passed by a legislature.
- Trustee: A person or institution holding and administering property in trust.