A. A person who has custodial responsibility and who intentionally fails to discharge those duties is guilty of a class 1 misdemeanor if that failure results in any of the following:
Terms Used In Arizona Laws 13-2513
- Escape: means departure from custody or from a juvenile secure care facility as described in section 41-2816, a juvenile detention facility or an adult correctional facility in which a person is held or detained with knowledge that such departure is unpermitted or failure to return to custody or detention following a temporary leave granted for a specific purpose or for a limited period. See Arizona Laws 13-2501
- Misdemeanor: means an offense for which a sentence to a term of imprisonment other than to the custody of the state department of corrections is authorized by any law of this state. See Arizona Laws 13-105
- Person: means a human being and, as the context requires, an enterprise, a public or private corporation, an unincorporated association, a partnership, a firm, a society, a government, a governmental authority or an individual or entity capable of holding a legal or beneficial interest in property. See Arizona Laws 13-105
- Serious physical injury: includes physical injury that creates a reasonable risk of death, or that causes serious and permanent disfigurement, serious impairment of health or loss or protracted impairment of the function of any bodily organ or limb. See Arizona Laws 13-105
1. The escape of a prisoner.
2. Serious physical injury to or the death of any other person or prisoner.
B. For the purposes of this section, "custodial responsibility" means having responsibility for the care, management or control of a prisoner who is committed to the state department of corrections.