A. Notwithstanding any other law, a school district that uses a performance pay component in its salary schedule may budget any budget balance in the maintenance and operation section of the budget that is attributable to performance pay and that is not earned in the current fiscal year for use in the budget year. The carryforward shall be used in the following year’s performance pay component of the salary schedule. The amount budgeted pursuant to this subsection shall not be included in the allowable budget balance carryforward calculated pursuant to Section 15-943.01. The amount budgeted pursuant to this subsection is specifically exempt from the revenue control limit.
Terms Used In Arizona Laws 15-920
- Budget year: means the fiscal year for which the school district is budgeting and that immediately follows the current year. See Arizona Laws 15-901
- Revenue control limit: means the base revenue control limit plus the transportation revenue control limit. See Arizona Laws 15-901
- School district: means a political subdivision of this state with geographic boundaries organized for the purpose of the administration, support and maintenance of the public schools or an accommodation school. See Arizona Laws 15-101
B. For purposes of this section:
1. "Budget balance" means the difference between actual and budgeted expenditures for the performance pay component of the salary schedule.
2. "Performance pay component" means any portion of a school district’s salary schedule, other than a career ladder program or an optional performance incentives program established pursuant to this article, that is based on factors directly related to a teacher’s classroom performance.