Terms Used In Florida Statutes 159.844
- Board: means the State Board of Education, created pursuant to…. See Florida Statutes 159.843
- Code: means the Internal Revenue Code of 1986, as amended, and the regulations and rulings issued thereunder. See Florida Statutes 159.843
- Commissioner: means the Commissioner of Education. See Florida Statutes 159.843
- Department: means the Department of Education, created pursuant to…. See Florida Statutes 159.843
- person: includes individuals, children, firms, associations, joint adventures, partnerships, estates, trusts, business trusts, syndicates, fiduciaries, corporations, and all other groups or combinations. See Florida Statutes 1.01
- Qualified school construction facility: means a facility permitted to be financed with qualified school construction bonds pursuant to…. See Florida Statutes 159.843
(1) The board shall establish a program for allocating the state volume limitation imposed by s. 54F(d)(1) of the code, or reallocated to the state pursuant to s. 54F(d)(2)(D) of the code, on qualified school construction bonds to finance qualified school construction facilities. The Department of Education shall administer the program for allocation of the state volume limitation pursuant to an application and issuance reporting process. Such program must include objective criteria to be considered in determining whether to grant a request for the volume limitation, including, but not limited to, the need for a qualified school construction facility in the area proposed in the application, the number of students to be served by such facility, and the cost-effectiveness of the proposed facility.
(2) The department shall annually determine the amount of qualified school construction bonds permitted to be issued in this state under s. 54F(d)(1) of the code and shall make such information available upon request to any person or agency.
(3) The department shall ensure that any volume limitation that is unused at the end of each calendar year is carried forward pursuant to s. 54F(e) of the code.
(4) The commissioner shall sign any certificate required by the code which relates to the allocation of the state volume limitation on qualified school construction bonds to finance qualified school construction facilities.