|Chapter 7||Supplemental County Levy; Lake County|
|Chapter 8||Supplemental County Levy; Dearborn County|
Terms Used In Indiana Code > Title 20 > Article 45 - General Fund Levies
- ADA: means , as to any qualified school corporation, the average number of pupils in daily attendance in the qualified school corporation, determined in accordance with the rules established by the state board. See Indiana Code 20-45-7-3
- ADA ratio: means , as to any qualified school corporation, the quotient resulting from a division of that qualified school corporation's current ADA by that qualified school corporation's ADA for the school year ending in 1973. See Indiana Code 20-45-7-4
- agency: refers to every officer, board, commission, department, division, bureau, committee, employee, and other instrumentality of the state, including: state hospitals, state penal institutions, and other state institution enterprises and activities wherever located, except, unless specifically included, the following:
Indiana Code 4-13-2-1
- Appropriation: The provision of funds, through an annual appropriations act or a permanent law, for federal agencies to make payments out of the Treasury for specified purposes. The formal federal spending process consists of two sequential steps: authorization
- board of county commissioners: refers to the board of county commissioners of a qualified county. See Indiana Code 20-45-8-4
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- county auditor: refers to the county auditor of a qualified county. See Indiana Code 20-45-7-6
- county auditor: means the county auditor of a qualified county. See Indiana Code 20-45-8-5
- county council: refers to the county council of a qualified county. See Indiana Code 20-45-7-7
- county treasurer: refers to the county treasurer of a qualified county. See Indiana Code 20-45-7-8
- Entitlement: A Federal program or provision of law that requires payments to any person or unit of government that meets the eligibility criteria established by law. Entitlements constitute a binding obligation on the part of the Federal Government, and eligible recipients have legal recourse if the obligation is not fulfilled. Social Security and veterans' compensation and pensions are examples of entitlement programs.
- fund: refers to the county school distribution fund:
Indiana Code 20-45-7-12
- fund: means the county school distribution fund:
Indiana Code 20-45-8-6
- Jurisdiction: (1) The legal authority of a court to hear and decide a case. Concurrent jurisdiction exists when two courts have simultaneous responsibility for the same case. (2) The geographic area over which the court has authority to decide cases.
- paying qualified school corporation: means any qualified school corporation in which the tax collected on the assessed valuation of the qualified school corporation exceeds the amount of the entitlement payable to the qualified school corporation under this chapter. See Indiana Code 20-45-8-8
- Personal property: All property that is not real property.
- Personal property: includes goods, chattels, evidences of debt, and things in action. See Indiana Code 1-1-4-5
- Population: has the meaning set forth in IC 1-1-3. See Indiana Code 1-1-4-5
- Property: includes personal and real property. See Indiana Code 1-1-4-5
- qualified county: means Lake County. See Indiana Code 20-45-7-13
- qualified county: refers to Dearborn County. See Indiana Code 20-45-8-9
- qualified school corporation: means any school corporation that has under its jurisdiction any territory located in the qualified county. See Indiana Code 20-45-7-14
- qualified school corporation: means a school corporation that has under its jurisdiction any territory that is located in the qualified county. See Indiana Code 20-45-8-10
- receiving qualified school corporation: means any qualified school corporation receiving an entitlement under this chapter that exceeds the amount of the tax collected on the assessed valuation of the qualified school corporation. See Indiana Code 20-45-8-11
- services: means any and all articles and things, and all services other than personal, used by, or furnished to, any agency, including printing, binding, publication of books and records, repairs and improvements, utility services, and any and all other services required for the maintenance, operation, or upkeep of buildings and offices. See Indiana Code 4-13-2-1
- Settlement: Parties to a lawsuit resolve their difference without having a trial. Settlements often involve the payment of compensation by one party in satisfaction of the other party's claims.
- tax: refers to the county supplemental school financing property tax to be levied by the county council under this chapter. See Indiana Code 20-45-7-15
- tax: means the county supplemental school financing property tax to be levied by the board of county commissioners of a qualifying county under this chapter. See Indiana Code 20-45-8-12
- Year: means a calendar year, unless otherwise expressed. See Indiana Code 1-1-4-5