Indiana Code > Title 20 > Article 43 – State Tuition Support
Current as of: 2022 | Check for updates | Other versions
Terms Used In Indiana Code > Title 20 > Article 43 - State Tuition Support
- account: refers to the Indiana health care account established by section 3 of this chapter. See Indiana Code 4-12-5-1
- account: refers to the biomedical technology and basic research account established by section 3 of this chapter. See Indiana Code 4-12-6-1
- apprenticeship program: means an apprenticeship program registered under the federal National Apprenticeship Act (29 U. See Indiana Code 20-43-8-0.3
- Appropriation: The provision of funds, through an annual appropriations act or a permanent law, for federal agencies to make payments out of the Treasury for specified purposes. The formal federal spending process consists of two sequential steps: authorization
- Autism: means a neurological condition as described in the most recent edition of the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders of the American Psychiatric Association. See Indiana Code 1-1-4-5
- Complaint: A written statement by the plaintiff stating the wrongs allegedly committed by the defendant.
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- Fiscal year: The fiscal year is the accounting period for the government. For the federal government, this begins on October 1 and ends on September 30. The fiscal year is designated by the calendar year in which it ends; for example, fiscal year 2006 begins on October 1, 2005 and ends on September 30, 2006.
- fund: refers to the Indiana tobacco use prevention and cessation trust fund created by this chapter. See Indiana Code 4-12-4-2
- Guardian: A person legally empowered and charged with the duty of taking care of and managing the property of another person who because of age, intellect, or health, is incapable of managing his (her) own affairs.
- in writing: include printing, lithographing, or other mode of representing words and letters. See Indiana Code 1-1-4-5
- master settlement agreement: has the meaning set forth in IC § 24-3-3-6. See Indiana Code 4-12-5-2
- master settlement agreement: has the meaning set forth in IC § 24-3-3-6. See Indiana Code 4-12-6-2
- Month: means a calendar month, unless otherwise expressed. See Indiana Code 1-1-4-5
- Settlement: Parties to a lawsuit resolve their difference without having a trial. Settlements often involve the payment of compensation by one party in satisfaction of the other party's claims.
- Statute: A law passed by a legislature.
- United States: includes the District of Columbia and the commonwealths, possessions, states in free association with the United States, and the territories. See Indiana Code 1-1-4-5
- Year: means a calendar year, unless otherwise expressed. See Indiana Code 1-1-4-5