|Chapter 1||Taxable Property|
|Chapter 2||General Levy Powers|
|Chapter 3||Application of Levy Excess to Reduce Property Taxes|
Terms Used In Indiana Code > Title 20 > Article 44 - Property Tax Levies; General Provisions
- department: refers to the Indiana department of administration created by IC 4-13-1-2. See Indiana Code 4-13-1.7-2
- fund: refers to a levy excess fund established under IC 20-40-10-2. See Indiana Code 20-44-3-1
- Judgment: means all final orders, decrees, and determinations in an action and all orders upon which executions may issue. See Indiana Code 1-1-4-5
- Jurisdiction: (1) The legal authority of a court to hear and decide a case. Concurrent jurisdiction exists when two courts have simultaneous responsibility for the same case. (2) The geographic area over which the court has authority to decide cases.
- levy excess: means that part of the property tax levy actually collected by a school corporation for taxes first due and payable during a particular calendar year that exceeds the school corporation's total levy, as approved by the department of local government finance under IC 6-1. See Indiana Code 20-44-3-2
- Property: includes personal and real property. See Indiana Code 1-1-4-5
- Trustee: A person or institution holding and administering property in trust.
- United States: includes the District of Columbia and the commonwealths, possessions, states in free association with the United States, and the territories. See Indiana Code 1-1-4-5