|Chapter 1||Taxable Property|
|Chapter 2||General Levy Powers|
|Chapter 3||Application of Levy Excess to Reduce Property Taxes|
Terms Used In Indiana Code > Title 20 > Article 44 - Property Tax Levies; General Provisions
- account: refers to the biomedical technology and basic research account established by section 3 of this chapter. See Indiana Code 4-12-6-1
- account: refers to the Indiana local health department account established by section 4 of this chapter. See Indiana Code 4-12-7-1
- Appropriation: The provision of funds, through an annual appropriations act or a permanent law, for federal agencies to make payments out of the Treasury for specified purposes. The formal federal spending process consists of two sequential steps: authorization
- fund: refers to a levy excess fund established under IC § 20-40-10-2. See Indiana Code 20-44-3-1
- Judgment: means all final orders, decrees, and determinations in an action and all orders upon which executions may issue. See Indiana Code 1-1-4-5
- Jurisdiction: (1) The legal authority of a court to hear and decide a case. Concurrent jurisdiction exists when two courts have simultaneous responsibility for the same case. (2) The geographic area over which the court has authority to decide cases.
- levy excess: means that part of the property tax levy actually collected by a school corporation for taxes first due and payable during a particular calendar year that exceeds the school corporation's total levy, as approved by the department of local government finance under IC § 6-1. See Indiana Code 20-44-3-2
- Property: includes personal and real property. See Indiana Code 1-1-4-5
- Trustee: A person or institution holding and administering property in trust.