A. Upon the revocation of his license, a licensee shall be required to surrender his license to the department, and upon his failure or refusal to do so, the department shall have the right to seize the license.
Terms Used In Arizona Laws 36-476
- Action: includes any matter or proceeding in a court, civil or criminal. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- Answer: The formal written statement by a defendant responding to a civil complaint and setting forth the grounds for defense.
- Complaint: A written statement by the plaintiff stating the wrongs allegedly committed by the defendant.
- Department: means the department of health services. See Arizona Laws 36-451
- Dismissal: The dropping of a case by the judge without further consideration or hearing. Source:
- License: means a regular license, renewal license or provisional license issued by the department pursuant to this chapter. See Arizona Laws 36-451
- Plaintiff: The person who files the complaint in a civil lawsuit.
B. The department shall not be required to certify any record, file any answer or otherwise appear in any proceeding for judicial review unless the party filing the complaint deposits with the clerk of the court a reasonable and customary sum, as determined by the chief clerk of the department, to provide for the costs of such certification. Failure on the part of the plaintiff to make such deposit shall be grounds for dismissal of the action.