A person is guilty of a class 3 misdemeanor if he:
Terms Used In Arizona Laws 36-479
- Director: means the director of the department of health services. See Arizona Laws 36-451
- laboratory: means any facility, agency, institution, medical office, health care institution, building, or place which provides through its ownership or operation facilities for the microbiological, serological, chemical, immunohematological, hematological, cytologic, histologic, radiobioassay, cytogenetic, histocompatibility, pathological, toxicological or other examination of materials derived from the human body for the purpose of providing information for the diagnosis, prevention and treatment of a disease or an impairment or the assessment of human health conditions or to determine the presence, absence or concentration of various substances in the body. See Arizona Laws 36-451
- License: means a regular license, renewal license or provisional license issued by the department pursuant to this chapter. See Arizona Laws 36-451
- Misdemeanor: Usually a petty offense, a less serious crime than a felony, punishable by less than a year of confinement.
- Person: means any individual, firm, partnership, association or corporation, whether or not organized for profit, or any other form of business enterprise. See Arizona Laws 36-451
1. Operates, maintains, directs or engages in the business of operating a clinical laboratory without a current license issued pursuant to this article.
2. Accepts blood or specimens for tests from and makes reports to persons who are not authorized by law to submit, receive or use these reports or materials. This does not prohibit the transferral of blood or referral specimens from one clinical laboratory licensed under this article to another clinical laboratory licensed under this article if the report indicates clearly the laboratory performing the test and the name of the director of such clinical laboratory.
3. Knowingly violates any provision of this article or any rule adopted pursuant to this article.