Terms Used In Arizona Laws > Title 20 > Chapter 6 > Article 15
- Amendment: A proposal to alter the text of a pending bill or other measure by striking out some of it, by inserting new language, or both. Before an amendment becomes part of the measure, thelegislature must agree to it.
- Applicant: means :
(a) In the case of an individual long-term care insurance policy, the person who seeks to contract for such benefits. See Arizona Laws 20-1691
- Certificate: means a certificate issued under a group long-term care insurance policy, which group policy has been delivered or issued for delivery in this state. See Arizona Laws 20-1691
- Chronically ill individual: means any individual who has been certified by a licensed health care practitioner as meeting the definition of illness established by title III of the health insurance portability and accountability act of 1996 (P. See Arizona Laws 20-1691
- Contract: A legal written agreement that becomes binding when signed.
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- Director: means the director of the department of insurance. See Arizona Laws 20-1691
- Evidence: Information presented in testimony or in documents that is used to persuade the fact finder (judge or jury) to decide the case for one side or the other.
- Group: means any of the following:
(a) One or more employers or labor organizations, or a trust or the trustees of a fund established by one or more employers or labor organizations for employees or former employees or members or former members of the labor organization. See Arizona Laws 20-1691
- Group long-term care insurance: means a long-term care insurance policy that is delivered or issued for delivery in this state to a group. See Arizona Laws 20-1691
- including: means not limited to and is not a term of exclusion. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- Licensed health care practitioner: means any physician licensed pursuant to title 32, chapter 13 or 17, any registered nurse or registered nurse practitioner licensed pursuant to title 32, chapter 15 or any other individual who meets the requirements prescribed by the United States secretary of the treasury. See Arizona Laws 20-1691
- Long-term care insurance: means an individual or group insurance policy or rider issued by insurers, fraternal benefit societies, nonprofit health, hospital and medical service corporations, prepaid health plans, health care services organizations or any similar organization and advertised, marketed, offered or designed to provide coverage for each covered person on an expense-incurred, indemnity, prepaid or other basis for one or more necessary or medically necessary diagnostic, preventive, therapeutic, rehabilitative, maintenance, personal or custodial care services provided in a setting other than an acute care unit of a hospital. See Arizona Laws 20-1691
- Maintenance or personal care services: means any care the primary purpose of which is to provide assistance needed with any disability that results in the individual being a chronically ill individual, including the protection from threats to health and safety due to severe cognitive impairment. See Arizona Laws 20-1691
- Month: means a calendar month unless otherwise expressed. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- Partnership: A voluntary contract between two or more persons to pool some or all of their assets into a business, with the agreement that there will be a proportional sharing of profits and losses.
- Person: includes a corporation, company, partnership, firm, association or society, as well as a natural person. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- Policy: means an individual or group policy, contract, subscriber agreement, rider or endorsement delivered or issued for delivery in this state by an insurer, fraternal benefit society, nonprofit health, hospital or medical service corporation, prepaid health plan or health care services organization or any similar organization. See Arizona Laws 20-1691
- Preexisting condition: means a condition for which medical advice or treatment was recommended by or received from a health care services provider within six months before the effective date of coverage of an insured person. See Arizona Laws 20-1691
- Qualified long-term care insurance contract: means :
(a) Any insurance policy that meets the requirements of section 7702B(b) of the internal revenue code of 1986, as amended. See Arizona Laws 20-1691
- Severe cognitive impairment: means an impairment determined by a licensed health care practitioner as meeting the definition of an impairment as established by title III of the health insurance portability and accountability act of 1996 (P. See Arizona Laws 20-1691
- United States: includes the District of Columbia and the territories. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- Writing: includes printing. See Arizona Laws 1-215