Terms Used In Arizona Laws > Title 28 > Chapter 8 > Article 4
- Adult: means a person who has attained eighteen years of age. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- Board: means the transportation board. See Arizona Laws 28-101
- Cancellation: means the annulment or termination of a driver license because of an error or defect or because the licensee is no longer entitled to the license. See Arizona Laws 28-3001
- Commercial driver license: means a license that is issued to an individual and that authorizes the individual to operate a class of commercial motor vehicles. See Arizona Laws 28-3001
- Commercial motor vehicle: means a motor vehicle or combination of motor vehicles that is used in commerce to transport passengers or property and that includes any of the following:
(a) A motor vehicle or combination of motor vehicles that has a gross combined weight rating of twenty-six thousand one or more pounds inclusive of a towed unit with a gross vehicle weight rating of more than ten thousand pounds. See Arizona Laws 28-3001
- Complaint: A written statement by the plaintiff stating the wrongs allegedly committed by the defendant.
- Damages: Money paid by defendants to successful plaintiffs in civil cases to compensate the plaintiffs for their injuries.
- Department: means the department of transportation acting directly or through its duly authorized officers and agents. See Arizona Laws 28-101
- Dependent: A person dependent for support upon another.
- Director: means the director of the department of transportation. See Arizona Laws 28-101
- Drive: means to operate or be in actual physical control of a motor vehicle. See Arizona Laws 28-101
- Driver: means a person who drives or is in actual physical control of a vehicle. See Arizona Laws 28-101
- Driver license: means a license that is issued by a state to an individual and that authorizes the individual to drive a motor vehicle. See Arizona Laws 28-101
- Employer: means a person, including the United States, a state or a political subdivision of a state, that owns or leases a commercial motor vehicle or that assigns a person to operate a commercial motor vehicle. See Arizona Laws 28-3001
- Endorsement: means an authorization that is added to an individual's driver license and that is required to permit the individual to operate certain types of vehicles. See Arizona Laws 28-3001
- Farm: means any lands primarily used for agriculture production. See Arizona Laws 28-101
- Felony: A crime carrying a penalty of more than a year in prison.
- Foreign: means outside the United States. See Arizona Laws 28-3001
- Guardian: A person legally empowered and charged with the duty of taking care of and managing the property of another person who because of age, intellect, or health, is incapable of managing his (her) own affairs.
- highway: means the entire width between the boundary lines of every way if a part of the way is open to the use of the public for purposes of vehicular travel. See Arizona Laws 28-101
- Implement of husbandry: means a vehicle that is designed primarily for agricultural purposes and that is used exclusively in the conduct of agricultural operations, including an implement or vehicle whether self-propelled or otherwise that meets both of the following conditions:
(a) Is used solely for agricultural purposes including the preparation or harvesting of cotton, alfalfa, grains and other farm crops. See Arizona Laws 28-101
- incidentally operated or moved on a highway: means travel between a farm and another part of the same farm, from one farm to another farm or between a farm and a place of repair, supply or storage. See Arizona Laws 28-101
- including: means not limited to and is not a term of exclusion. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- Jurisdiction: (1) The legal authority of a court to hear and decide a case. Concurrent jurisdiction exists when two courts have simultaneous responsibility for the same case. (2) The geographic area over which the court has authority to decide cases.
- License class: means , for the purpose of determining the appropriate class of driver license required for the type of motor vehicle or vehicle combination a driver intends to operate or is operating, the class of driver license prescribed in section 28-3101. See Arizona Laws 28-3001
- Magistrate: means an officer having power to issue a warrant for the arrest of a person charged with a public offense and includes the chief justice and justices of the supreme court, judges of the superior court, judges of the court of appeals, justices of the peace and judges of a municipal court. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- Minor: means a person under the age of eighteen years. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- Month: means a calendar month unless otherwise expressed. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- Moped: means a bicycle, not including an electric bicycle, an electric miniature scooter or an electric standup scooter, that is equipped with a helper motor if the vehicle has a maximum piston displacement of fifty cubic centimeters or less, a brake horsepower of one and one-half or less and a maximum speed of twenty-five miles per hour or less on a flat surface with less than a one percent grade. See Arizona Laws 28-101
- Motor driven cycle: means a motorcycle, including every motor scooter, with a motor that produces not more than five horsepower but does not include an electric bicycle, an electric miniature scooter or an electric standup scooter. See Arizona Laws 28-101
- Motorcycle: means a motor vehicle that has a seat or saddle for the use of the rider and that is designed to travel on not more than three wheels in contact with the ground but excludes a tractor, an electric bicycle, an electric miniature scooter, an electric standup scooter and a moped. See Arizona Laws 28-101
- Nonresident: means a person who is not a resident of this state as defined in section 28-2001. See Arizona Laws 28-101
- Obligation: An order placed, contract awarded, service received, or similar transaction during a given period that will require payments during the same or a future period.
- Original applicant: means any of the following:
(a) An applicant who has never been licensed or cannot provide evidence of licensing. See Arizona Laws 28-3001
- Owner: means :
(a) A person who holds the legal title of a vehicle. See Arizona Laws 28-101
- Person: includes a corporation, company, partnership, firm, association or society, as well as a natural person. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- Process: means a citation, writ or summons issued in the course of judicial proceedings. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- Property: includes both real and personal property. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- State: means a state of the United States and the District of Columbia. See Arizona Laws 28-101
- State of domicile: means the state or jurisdiction where a person has the person's true, fixed and permanent home and principal residence and to which the person has the intention of returning after an absence. See Arizona Laws 28-3001
- Suspension: means that the driver license and driver's privilege to drive a motor vehicle on the public highways of this state are temporarily withdrawn during the period of the suspension. See Arizona Laws 28-3001
- United States: includes the District of Columbia and the territories. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- Vehicle combination: means a motor vehicle and a vehicle in excess of ten thousand pounds gross vehicle weight that it tows, if the combined gross vehicle weight rating is more than twenty-six thousand pounds. See Arizona Laws 28-3001
- Writing: includes printing. See Arizona Laws 1-215