California Codes > Business and Professions Code > Division 8 > Chapter 8 – Unfair Practices
Current as of: 2023 | Check for updates | Other versions
Terms Used In California Codes > Business and Professions Code > Division 8 > Chapter 8 - Unfair Practices
- Benefits: means the payment of higher education expenses on behalf of a beneficiary by the Scholarshare trust during the beneficiary's attendance at an institution of higher education. See California Education Code 69980
- Board: means the Scholarshare Investment Board established pursuant to subparagraph (B) of paragraph (2) of subdivision (a) of Section 69984. See California Education Code 69980
- board: means any entity listed in Section 101, the entities referred to in Sections 1000 and 3600, the State Bar, the Department of Real Estate, and any other state agency that issues a license, certificate, or registration authorizing a person to engage in a business or profession. See California Business and Professions Code 31
- Gift: A voluntary transfer or conveyance of property without consideration, or for less than full and adequate consideration based on fair market value.
- Participant: means an individual, trust, estate, partnership, association, company or corporation, a custodian under the California Uniform Transfers to Minors Act (Part 9 (commencing with Section 3900) of Division 4 of . See California Education Code 69980
- Participation agreement: means an agreement between a participant and the Scholarshare trust, pursuant to this article. See California Education Code 69980
- Probate: Proving a will
- Program fund: means the program fund established by this article, which shall be held as a separate fund within the Scholarshare trust. See California Education Code 69980
- Qualified higher education expenses: means the expenses of attendance at an institution of higher education as provided in paragraph (3) of subsection (e), expenses associated with participation in a registered apprenticeship program as provided in paragraph (8) of subsection (c), and payment on the principal or interest of a qualified education loan as provided in paragraph (9) of subsection (c), of Section 529 of the Internal Revenue Code of 1986, as it is amended from time to time, if, as determined by the board, the amendment is consistent with the purposes of this article, and as determined and certified by the institution of higher education in the same manner as prescribed in Title IV of the Higher Education Act of 1965 (20 U. See California Education Code 69980
- Restitution: The court-ordered payment of money by the defendant to the victim for damages caused by the criminal action.
- Scholarshare trust: means the trust created pursuant to this article. See California Education Code 69980