(a) At the time of entering a decree annulling or dissolving a marriage or for legal separation pursuant to a complaint under section 46b-45, the Superior Court may order the husband or wife to convey title to real property to the other party or to a third person.

Terms Used In Connecticut General Statutes 46b-66a

  • Complaint: A written statement by the plaintiff stating the wrongs allegedly committed by the defendant.
  • Deed: The legal instrument used to transfer title in real property from one person to another.
  • Real property: Land, and all immovable fixtures erected on, growing on, or affixed to the land.

(b) When any party is found to have violated an order of the court entered under subsection (a) of this section, the court may, by decree, pass title to the real property to either party or to a third person, without any act by either party, when in the judgment of the court it is the proper action to take.

(c) When the decree is recorded on the land records in the town where the real property is situated, it shall effect the transfer of the title of such property as if it were a deed of the party or parties.