The water pollution control authority may order the owner of any building to which a sewerage system is available to connect such building with the system or order the owner to construct and connect the building to an alternative sewage treatment system. No such order shall be issued until after a public hearing with respect thereto after due notice in writing to such property owner. Any owner aggrieved by such an order may, within twenty-one days, appeal to the superior court for the judicial district wherein the municipality is located. Such appeal shall be brought to a return day of said court not less than twelve or more than thirty days after service thereof. The judgment of the court shall be final. If any owner fails to comply with an order to connect, the water pollution control authority shall cause the connection to be made and shall assess the expense thereof against such owner.

Terms Used In Connecticut General Statutes 7-257

  • Appeal: A request made after a trial, asking another court (usually the court of appeals) to decide whether the trial was conducted properly. To make such a request is "to appeal" or "to take an appeal." One who appeals is called the appellant.