Terms Used In Delaware Code > Title 14 > Chapter 33
- Appellate: About appeals; an appellate court has the power to review the judgement of another lower court or tribunal.
- Child: means an individual who has not attained 18 years of age. See Delaware Code Title 13 Sec. 1902
- Child custody determination: means a judgment, decree or other order of a court providing for the legal custody, physical custody or visitation with respect to a child. See Delaware Code Title 13 Sec. 1902
- Court: means the Family Court of the State. See Delaware Code Title 13 Sec. 1902
- Issuing court: means the court that makes a child custody determination for which enforcement is sought under this chapter. See Delaware Code Title 13 Sec. 1902
- Jurisdiction: (1) The legal authority of a court to hear and decide a case. Concurrent jurisdiction exists when two courts have simultaneous responsibility for the same case. (2) The geographic area over which the court has authority to decide cases.
- Person: means an individual, corporation, business trust, estate, trust, partnership, limited liability company, association, joint venture, government, governmental subdivision, agency or instrumentality, public corporation, or any other legal or commercial entity. See Delaware Code Title 13 Sec. 1902
- Person acting as a parent: means a person, other than a parent, who:
- Physical custody: means the physical care and supervision of a child. See Delaware Code Title 13 Sec. 1902
- State: means a State of the United States, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, the United State Virgin Islands or any territory or insular possession subject to the jurisdiction of the United States. See Delaware Code Title 13 Sec. 1902
- State Board: consists of 9 members who are citizens of this State and appointed as follows:
(1) The Governor shall appoint, with Senate confirmation, 7 voting members. See Delaware Code Title 14 Sec. 104
- Testify: Answer questions in court.
- Testimony: Evidence presented orally by witnesses during trials or before grand juries.
- United States: includes its territories and possessions and the District of Columbia. See Delaware Code Title 6 Sec. 4307
- Vocational rehabilitation: means the rendering of a person with a disability fit to engage in remunerative occupation. See Delaware Code Title 13 Sec. 1934
- Warrant: means an order issued by a court authorizing law enforcement officers to take physical custody of a child. See Delaware Code Title 13 Sec. 1902