Terms Used In Delaware Code > Title 25 > Chapter 46
- Appropriation: The provision of funds, through an annual appropriations act or a permanent law, for federal agencies to make payments out of the Treasury for specified purposes. The formal federal spending process consists of two sequential steps: authorization
- Board: shall mean the State Board of Funeral Services established in this chapter. See Delaware Code Title 24 Sec. 3101
- Funeral director: shall mean a person engaged in the care of human remains or in the disinfecting and preparing by embalming of human remains for the funeral service, transportation, burial, entombment or cremation, and who shall file all death certificates or permits as required by Chapter 31 of Title 16. See Delaware Code Title 24 Sec. 3101
- Funeral services: shall mean those services rendered for the disinfecting, embalming, burial, entombment or cremation of human remains, including the sale of those goods and services usual to arranging and directing funeral services. See Delaware Code Title 24 Sec. 3101
- Interest rate: The amount paid by a borrower to a lender in exchange for the use of the lender's money for a certain period of time. Interest is paid on loans or on debt instruments, such as notes or bonds, either at regular intervals or as part of a lump sum payment when the issue matures. Source: OCC
- Intern: shall mean a person, duly registered with the Board, engaged in training to become a licensed funeral director in this State under the direction and personal supervision of a state-licensed funeral director. See Delaware Code Title 24 Sec. 3101
- Misdemeanor: Usually a petty offense, a less serious crime than a felony, punishable by less than a year of confinement.
- Person: shall mean a corporation, company, association and partnership, as well as an individual. See Delaware Code Title 24 Sec. 3101
- Public law: A public bill or joint resolution that has passed both chambers and been enacted into law. Public laws have general applicability nationwide.