Effective date: 2/25/2015
Source trees shall be registered on a Certificate of Source Tree Registration, FDACS-08072, Revised 03/14, as incorporated in Rule 5B-62.005, F.A.C., and must meet the following requirements:
(1) Budwood used to propagate source trees shall be taken under the direct supervision of the department and shall be reported on a Source Tree Bud Cutting Report, FDACS-08172, Revised 03/14, as incorporated in Rule 5B-62.005, F.A.C.
Terms Used In Florida Regulations 5B-62.012
- Evidence: Information presented in testimony or in documents that is used to persuade the fact finder (judge or jury) to decide the case for one side or the other.
(2) The source trees shall be budded on nursery rootstocks which have not previously had a bud inserted in them, except that, if re-budding is necessary, buds from the same registered source tree as the original shall be used.
(3) The nurseryman shall furnish the Bureau of Citrus Budwood Registration the Budding Record Location portion on the Source Tree Bud Cutting Report, FDACS-08172, Revised 03/14, within 30 days following date of budding. The Budding Record Location on the Source Tree Bud Cutting Report shall identify the location in the nursery of the progeny trees.
(4) The source trees shall have at no time shown symptoms of graft-transmissible pathogens or other diseases listed in Rule 5B-62.003, F.A.C.;
(5)(a) Parent and scion source trees shall have tested negative for severe strains of citrus tristeza virus, citrus greening, citrus viroids, citrus leaf blotch virus, psorosis virus and citrus tatter leaf virus, by the department and shall be apparently free, based on visual inspections, from Florida gummosis, citrus blight, decline, evidence of unacceptable bud mutation, citrus canker, citrus greening and other quarantinable pests.
(b) Source trees meeting the specifications of increase trees will not be individually tested and shall meet the additional requirements of Rule 5B-62.016, F.A.C.
(c) Seed source trees must meet the requirements of Rule 5B-62.028, F.A.C., and be tested and found free of citrus leaf blotch virus and citrus tatter leaf virus. Seed source trees not originating from registered stock must enter the parent tree testing program and be tested and found free of seed transmissible pathogens listed in Rule 5B-62.003, F.A.C.
(6) Source trees shall be grown under protective cover as specified in Rule 5B-62.010, F.A.C.
(7) Source trees meeting all the above requirements will be certified sources of budwood and shall have a Certificate of Source Tree Registration, FDACS-08072, Revised 03/14, as specified in Rule 5B-62.017, F.A.C., issued. For increase trees, the Source Tree Bud Cutting Report, FDACS-08172, Revised 03/14, must be used.
(8) Source trees meeting all the above requirements and originated from program registered parent clones shall be registered sources of budwood upon being inspected for fruit trueness-to-type.
(a) Increase trees are not required to produce fruit to become registered.
(b) Scion trees that have not fruited may be used as certified sources of budwood to propagate certified nursery trees.
Rulemaking Authority 570.07(23), 581.031(1), (3), (8), 581.1843(3), (4) FS. Law Implemented 570.07(2), (13), 581.031(1), (14), (17), (23), 581.1843(3), (4) FS. History—New 12-26-06, Amended 2-25-15.