Terms Used In Florida Regulations > Chapter 64B13-15
- Complaint: A written statement by the plaintiff stating the wrongs allegedly committed by the defendant.
- Fraud: Intentional deception resulting in injury to another.
- Probation: A sentencing alternative to imprisonment in which the court releases convicted defendants under supervision as long as certain conditions are observed.
- Settlement: Parties to a lawsuit resolve their difference without having a trial. Settlements often involve the payment of compensation by one party in satisfaction of the other party's claims.
- Statute: A law passed by a legislature.