(2) A hospital or an ambulatory surgical center that has a financial interest in a home health agency is prohibited from requiring any physician on its staff to refer a patient to the home health agency.
(3)(a) A violation of this section is punishable by an administrative fine not to exceed $15,000. The proceeds of such fines must be deposited into the Health Care Trust Fund.
Terms Used In Florida Statutes 400.518
- Agency: means the Agency for Health Care Administration. See Florida Statutes 400.462
- Home health agency: means an organization that provides home health services and staffing services. See Florida Statutes 400.462
- Patient: means any person who receives home health services in his or her home or place of residence. See Florida Statutes 400.462
- Physician: means a person licensed under chapter 458, chapter 459, chapter 460, or chapter 461. See Florida Statutes 400.462
(4) The agency shall impose an administrative fine of $15,000 if a home health agency provides nurses, certified nursing assistants, home health aides, or other staff without charge to a facility licensed under chapter 429 in return for patient referrals from the facility. The proceeds of such fines shall be deposited into the Health Care Trust Fund.