|574-1||Married persons; civil union partners|
|574-3||Children born to parents not married to each other|
|574-5||Change of name: procedure|
|574-6||Effect of change|
Terms Used In Hawaii Revised Statutes > Chapter 574
- Affidavit: A written statement of facts confirmed by the oath of the party making it, before a notary or officer having authority to administer oaths.
- Department: means the department of labor and industrial relations. See Hawaii Revised Statutes 393-3
- Director: means the director of labor and industrial relations. See Hawaii Revised Statutes 393-3
- Employer: means any individual or type of organization, including any partnership, association, trust, estate, joint stock company, insurance company, or corporation, whether domestic or foreign, a debtor in possession or receiver or trustee in bankruptcy, or the legal representative of a deceased person, who has one or more regular employees in the employer's employment. See Hawaii Revised Statutes 393-3
- Guardian: A person legally empowered and charged with the duty of taking care of and managing the property of another person who because of age, intellect, or health, is incapable of managing his (her) own affairs.
- Jurisdiction: (1) The legal authority of a court to hear and decide a case. Concurrent jurisdiction exists when two courts have simultaneous responsibility for the same case. (2) The geographic area over which the court has authority to decide cases.
- month: means a calendar month; and the word "year" a calendar year. See Hawaii Revised Statutes 1-20
- Obligation: An order placed, contract awarded, service received, or similar transaction during a given period that will require payments during the same or a future period.
- Premium: means the amount payable to a prepaid health care plan contractor as consideration for the contractor's obligations under a prepaid health care plan. See Hawaii Revised Statutes 393-3
- Prepaid health care plan: means any agreement by which any prepaid health care plan contractor undertakes in consideration of a stipulated premium:
(1) Either to furnish health care, including hospitalization, surgery, medical or nursing care, drugs or other restorative appliances, subject to, if at all, only a nominal per service charge; or
(2) To defray or reimburse, in whole or in part, the expenses of health care. See Hawaii Revised Statutes 393-3
- Prepaid health care plan contractor: means :
(1) Any medical group or organization which undertakes under a prepaid health care plan to provide health care;
(2) Any nonprofit organization which undertakes under a prepaid health care plan to defray or reimburse in whole or in part the expenses of health care; or
(3) Any insurer who undertakes under a prepaid health care plan to defray or reimburse in whole or in part the expenses of health care. See Hawaii Revised Statutes 393-3
- Regular employee: means a person employed in the employment of any one employer for at least twenty hours per week but does not include a person employed in seasonal employment. See Hawaii Revised Statutes 393-3
- Wages: means all remuneration for services from whatever source, including commissions, bonuses, and tips and gratuities paid directly to any individual by a customer of the individual's employer, and the cash value of all remuneration in any medium other than cash. See Hawaii Revised Statutes 393-3