Hawaii Revised Statutes > Chapter 574 – Names
Current as of: 2022 | Check for updates | Other versions
|574-1||Married persons; civil union partners|
|574-3||Children born to parents not married to each other|
|574-5||Change of name: procedure|
|574-6||Effect of change|
Terms Used In Hawaii Revised Statutes > Chapter 574 - Names
- Affidavit: A written statement of facts confirmed by the oath of the party making it, before a notary or officer having authority to administer oaths.
- Director: means the director of labor and industrial relations. See Hawaii Revised Statutes 388-1
- Disability: means total inability of an employee to perform the duties of the employee's employment caused by sickness, pregnancy, termination of pregnancy, organ donation, or accident other than a work injury as defined in § 386 3. See Hawaii Revised Statutes 392-3
- Employee: includes any person suffered or permitted to work. See Hawaii Revised Statutes 388-1
- Employer: includes any individual, partnership, association, joint-stock company, trust, corporation, the personal representative of the estate of a deceased individual or the receiver, trustee, or successor of any of the same, employing any person, but shall not include the State or any political subdivision thereof or the United States. See Hawaii Revised Statutes 388-1
- Guardian: A person legally empowered and charged with the duty of taking care of and managing the property of another person who because of age, intellect, or health, is incapable of managing his (her) own affairs.
- Jurisdiction: (1) The legal authority of a court to hear and decide a case. Concurrent jurisdiction exists when two courts have simultaneous responsibility for the same case. (2) The geographic area over which the court has authority to decide cases.
- Wages: means compensation for labor or services rendered by an employee, whether the amount is determined on a time, task, piece, commission, or other basis of calculation. See Hawaii Revised Statutes 388-1