|§ 60||Petition for Change of Name|
|§ 64-A||Exemption From Publication Requirements|
|§ 65||Optional Change of Name Upon Marriage, Divorce or Annulment|
Terms Used In New York Laws > Civil Rights > Article 6
- Arrest: Taking physical custody of a person by lawful authority.
- Conviction: A judgement of guilt against a criminal defendant.
- Felony: A crime carrying a penalty of more than a year in prison.
- Indemnification: In general, a collateral contract or assurance under which one person agrees to secure another person against either anticipated financial losses or potential adverse legal consequences. Source: FDIC
- Minority leader: See Floor Leaders
- Pleadings: Written statements of the parties in a civil case of their positions. In the federal courts, the principal pleadings are the complaint and the answer.
- Probation: A sentencing alternative to imprisonment in which the court releases convicted defendants under supervision as long as certain conditions are observed.