(1) A person shall not be denied the use of any common carrier or public transportation facility or admittance to any hotel, motel, cafe, elevator, or any other public place within the state of Idaho by reason of being accompanied by a dog-in-training. Such dog-in-training shall be properly leashed so that the person may maintain control of the dog.
(2) Access to public places for dogs-in-training may be temporarily denied if the dog is poorly groomed so as to create a health hazard or the person accompanying the dog cannot maintain control of the dog.
Terms Used In Idaho Code 18-5812B
- Damages: Money paid by defendants to successful plaintiffs in civil cases to compensate the plaintiffs for their injuries.
- Property: includes both real and personal property. See Idaho Code 73-114
(3) The person accompanying the dog-in-training shall be liable for any damages or injuries caused by the dog, and any third party owner, lessor or manager of the public property shall in no way suffer liability for damages or injuries caused by the dog-in-training. If the person accompanying a dog-in-training is a minor, the parents of the child shall be liable.