As used in this chapter:
Terms Used In Idaho Code 67-9101
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- Partnership: A voluntary contract between two or more persons to pool some or all of their assets into a business, with the agreement that there will be a proportional sharing of profits and losses.
- range: means an area owned by the state of Idaho or a state agency for the public use of rifles, shotguns, pistols, silhouettes, skeet, trap, black powder, archery or any other similar sport shooting. See Idaho Code 67-9101
- State: when applied to the different parts of the United States, includes the District of Columbia and the territories; and the words "United States" may include the District of Columbia and territories. See Idaho Code 73-114
(1) "Local government" means a county, city or town.
(2) "Person" means an individual, corporation, partnership, firm, association, joint venture, proprietorship, club or any other legal entity.
(3) "State outdoor sport shooting range" or "range" means an area owned by the state of Idaho or a state agency for the public use of rifles, shotguns, pistols, silhouettes, skeet, trap, black powder, archery or any other similar sport shooting. "State outdoor sport shooting range" does not include:
(a) Any totally enclosed facility that is designed to offer a totally controlled shooting environment that includes impenetrable walls, floors and ceilings, adequate ventilation, lighting systems and acoustical treatment for sound attenuation; and
(b) Any law enforcement or military shooting range.