Terms Used In Idaho Code > Title 18 > Chapter 18
- Answer: The formal written statement by a defendant responding to a civil complaint and setting forth the grounds for defense.
- Articles of incorporation: means the original articles of incorporation, all amendments thereof, and any other documents permitted or required to be filed by a domestic business corporation with the secretary of state under any provision of this chapter. See Idaho Code 30-29-140
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- Fiduciary: A trustee, executor, or administrator.
- Misdemeanor: Usually a petty offense, a less serious crime than a felony, punishable by less than a year of confinement.
- Obligation: An order placed, contract awarded, service received, or similar transaction during a given period that will require payments during the same or a future period.
- person: includes a corporation as well as a natural person;
Idaho Code 73-114
Shares: means the units into which the proprietary interests in a corporation are divided. See Idaho Code 30-29-140 Treasury shares: means shares of a corporation which have been issued, have been subsequently acquired by and belong to the corporation, and have not, either by reason of the acquisition or thereafter, been canceled or restored to the status of authorized but unissued shares. See Idaho Code 30-29-140 Trial: A hearing that takes place when the defendant pleads "not guilty" and witnesses are required to come to court to give evidence.