Terms Used In Idaho Code > Title 54 > Chapter 35
- Academy of nutrition and dietetics: means the national organization that credentials dietetics professionals and accredits undergraduate and graduate programs that prepare dietetics professionals. See Idaho Code 54-3502
- ACEND: means the accrediting organization of the academy of nutrition and dietetics that is recognized by the United States department of education as the accrediting agency for education programs that prepare dietetics professionals. See Idaho Code 54-3502
- Board: means the Idaho state board of medicine. See Idaho Code 54-3502
- CDR: means the credentialing organization of the academy of nutrition and dietetics that awards and administers credentials to individuals at entry, specialist and advanced levels who have met CDR’s specified criteria to practice in the dietetics profession, including successful completion of its national accredited certification examination and recertification by continuing professional education and/or examination. See Idaho Code 54-3502
- Conviction: A judgement of guilt against a criminal defendant.
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- Dietetics: means the integration, application and communication of principles derived from food, nutrition, social, business and basic sciences to achieve and maintain optimal nutrition status of individuals through the development, provision and management of effective food and nutrition services in a variety of settings. See Idaho Code 54-3502
- Dietitian: means a person licensed under the provisions of this chapter as a licensed dietitian (LD) who:
Idaho Code 54-3502
Evidence: Information presented in testimony or in documents that is used to persuade the fact finder (judge or jury) to decide the case for one side or the other. Felony: A crime carrying a penalty of more than a year in prison. Fraud: Intentional deception resulting in injury to another. Jurisdiction: (1) The legal authority of a court to hear and decide a case. Concurrent jurisdiction exists when two courts have simultaneous responsibility for the same case. (2) The geographic area over which the court has authority to decide cases. Licensure board: means the dietetic licensure board established by this chapter. See Idaho Code 54-3502 Misdemeanor: Usually a petty offense, a less serious crime than a felony, punishable by less than a year of confinement. person: includes a corporation as well as a natural person;
Idaho Code 73-114
Plea: In a criminal case, the defendant's statement pleading "guilty" or "not guilty" in answer to the charges, a declaration made in open court. Probation: A sentencing alternative to imprisonment in which the court releases convicted defendants under supervision as long as certain conditions are observed. Provisionally licensed dietitian: means a person provisionally licensed under the provisions of this chapter. See Idaho Code 54-3502 Quorum: The number of legislators that must be present to do business. State: when applied to the different parts of the United States, includes the District of Columbia and the territories; and the words "United States" may include the District of Columbia and territories. See Idaho Code 73-114