(1) makes a telephone call, whether or not a conversation ensues;
Terms Used In Indiana Code 35-45-2-2
- Misdemeanor: Usually a petty offense, a less serious crime than a felony, punishable by less than a year of confinement.
(3) transmits an obscene message, or indecent or profane words, on a Citizens Radio Service channel; or
(4) uses a computer network (as defined in IC 35-43-2-3(a)) or other form of electronic communication to:
(A) communicate with a person; or
(B) transmit an obscene message or indecent or profane words to a person;
commits harassment, a Class B misdemeanor.
(b) A message is obscene if:
(1) the average person, applying contemporary community standards, finds that the dominant theme of the message, taken as a whole, appeals to the prurient interest in sex;
(2) the message refers to sexual conduct in a patently offensive way; and
(3) the message, taken as a whole, lacks serious artistic, literary, political, or scientific value.
As added by Acts 1976, P.L.148, SEC.5. Amended by Acts 1977, P.L.340, SEC.72; Acts 1977, P.L.343, SEC.1; Acts 1978, P.L.82, SEC.4; P.L.216-1996, SEC.22.